Thursday, December 9, 2010

Pray For My Mom

This is hard.
My Mom is really sick.
She has been in the hospital since Monday.
Tomorrow she has major surgery to hopefully fix the problem.
They are not sure but they think she has Ovarian Cancer.
The doctors are really optimistic that they can remove most or all of the tumors with surgery.
She will stay at Huntsman until she can come home which is another week possibly.
I am bringing her to my house after.
She will start Chemo 6 weeks post surgery.
She will lose her hair. She did not care. I told her I would shave mine too.
Everything could change once they open her up and find out what is really inside her.
She is so beautiful even with all the crap they have hooked up to her.
She still is laughing, when her Morphine is good.
She has had sleepovers with Stacey, Andrea, and Grandma to keep the nurses on top of her favorite thing right now Morphine.
She told me she feels at peace.
My sister and I rubbed her feet last night and I think that was the first time she has felt anything good in a really long time.
She told me she is going to fight this.
I told her I wish I could do it for her.
She is not even 60 years old.



Please pray for my mom, we need all the prayers we can get.

Sorry about the format. It is the only way I could get through the post. I am having a really hard time focusing on anything.

MOM I LOVE YOU!!!

15 comments:

Megan said...

Cancer is mean and it totally SUCKS. Sorry you all have to go through this! We'll keep you all in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is we are all praying and fasting. Love you all. Chad and Sue and all the rest....

The McBrides said...

I am so sorry to hear this, I can't even imagine what you and your family must be going through right now, we will keep you guys in our prayers for sure! Hang in there and please please let me know if there is anything at all we can do for you guys! I also have to tell you that your family pictures turned out absolutely amazing!

Frame by Frame said...

We will keep her in our hearts and prayers. She is such a strong person I know she will fight!! Try to keep a smile on your beautiful face. If there's anything we can do please give us a call.

Kelsey said...

oh Amanda, I'm so sorry :(
Sending healing thoughts and many prayers your way!
PS. Love the new pics.

Heidi Ann said...

I am so glad you posted this. During a very hard time it's like the last thing you want to do. But I am so glad you did because we are all informed and can pray for her and your family. I am so sorry. So sweet of you to rub her feet and be there for her in every way. God bless her and your family!

ETCK said...

So sad! We will definitely remember her in our prayers. I'm sure it will all work out okay. Give me a call if you need a babysitter or if you want me to pick up/take your daughters to school so you can visit with your momma. I can't even imagine.

Rylie said...

We love your Mom so much, and have been fasting and praying for her. Your Mom has been through a lot in her life, and she is a fighter. She will fight this too! She will have angels watching over her tomorrow during surgery. Please give her a hug from us, and tell her that we love her.

Love,
Chris, Rylie & Arista

Dallas Jessica Aspen Irelynn and Hudsyn said...

Amanda, Tears are running down my face right now as I read this. I can't/can imagine what you and your family are feeling, we are going through alot of the same things. I Know how it feels to feel helpless and to hope that at least something I say makes them feel at least a little more at peace. We are here for you. Keep us updated. Hope everything goes good tomorrow. Our prayers are with you guys.Love ya

Jess & Dal

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear this, your mom and your family are in our prayers. I would love to help with kids if needed, they can always come here to play. - Sunshine

Jenny Hart Turk said...

Amanda! I saw your facebook post today, and it said that her surgery went well! I hope things continue to go up hill and she recovers! She is definitely in our prayers. Please let me know if I can help you guys in anyway. I can totally babysit the girls and bronson any time! Please let me know!
Jenny

Stacey and Mel said...

Oh, Amanda. I am so sorry. How fast things change. Please let me know if I can help with the kids, food, or anything else. Hang in there. Glad to hear at least the surgery went okay.

crookstons said...

I am so sorry to hear this! You are in my thoughts and prayers! If you need anything please let us know!

Celeste said...

I was so sad when I heard the news. I can't even imagine what you are going through. You know I am here for you ... whatever you need! I will be keeping your mom and your family in my prayers. Thinking of you and love you.

Leslie said...

Hope your mom is doing well!!