
I have been wanting to buy Organic products for me and my girls since they(Media) started to tell us what crap they were putting in our personal care products. I think ever since the lead in the toys and dinnerware I have been really worried about everything. Well organic stuff is expensive right. Well I have learned that you don't have to buy organic when it comes to fruits with skins that you peel off, and I know that bugs really are not interested in broccoli, onions, asparagus, and garlic so that's good. If I buy these things at normal prices then I can buy the fruits and veggies organic that the bugs like. Like so many others I have changed all of our bread to wheat but not only wheat but the stuff that has no preservatives and high fructose corn syrup and so on.
So many of you think I am crazy and that is fine (I think I am a little too!)but I just want to make sure that my children are healthy and what the heck I might as well try to be healthy while I am at it. So now to the point of being a guinea pig. I finally found this company in Utah that does only organic products and they educate you on all the chemicals and what they do to you. Some things that I learned that made me mad is that these companies put stuff in our no tears products that actually numbs the babies eye so that they can't feel the sting. Oh but don't worry the product is still doing damage and irritating their eyes which is so wrong and sad. I can remember countless times boating and putting sunscreen on Sophie and Bree and I would notice that their eyes looked irritated but they seemed fine. Well now I know why. These companies use the same chemicles in our products that the airports use to De-ice planes in the winter. Can't be good. So I ordered some stuff as you can see and I am going to try it out and let you all know if it is worth the switch. Also if you think you want to learn more about this you can go to this website and educate yourself on this. go to www.bubbleandbee.com and you can also find this stuff at some health food stores around this area as well.
Things I am worried about:
Deodorant hopefully works he he! If I smell I am sorry:)
The Shampoo is rinsed out with apple cider vinegar (Stinky right)
Have to be careful now when I wash Bree and Sophie's hair it will sting.
Can't try the bug spray yet but it smells good.

4 comments:
I think it's great you're so health conscious of your family Amanda! Nothing wrong with being crunchy... :)
We also avoid high fructose, hydrogenated, refined, and artificial anything like the plague.
Amanda
I use regular vinegar on my hair all the time. It really cuts the shampoo build up and adds shine. Good luck! Oh yea, mayo is a great conditioner also. "SERIOUS" ha..ha..
Boo to HFCS....it's evil :)
Hope to see you soon!!!
I'm going to check out that website. You go girl on going organic! I'll let you know if the deodorant doesn't work to well! :)
Post a Comment