Monday, March 2, 2009

Bree Learns to Ride Her Bike!




Last week was so Nice outside so


we dusted off the bikes and


to our surprise I asked Bree


if she was ready to take her


training wheels off and she told me
"NO!"


so I told her that big girls ride bikes


(This usually does not work with her)


so then she said I want to.


My reply was "no your not ready


I don't want to hear you cry and then beg us to


put the training wheels back on."


Dad steps in and two seconds later


the small wheels that keep Bree up are off and


Tom and Bree start the training.


Five to ten minutes go by and she is able to


ride her bike with dad only catching her if she falls.


By the end of the hour she was a pro!


Only two pair of pants have been ruined from falling


but Bree is so proud of herself,


and sad that the last couple of days have been cold.



12 comments:

crookstons said...

Way to go Bree! What a huge accomplishment! That is so exciting!!

BAWC said...

what an exciting time for bree! how fun, she picked it up quick. 2 pair of pants already, watch out lance armstrong. ps thanks for the table. it should work perfectly.

BAWC said...

oh yeah, i love your background.

Megan said...

Wow! My Katie still has her training wheels... but that's a long story.

I have very fond memories of realizing I could ride a bike while visiting the Schrievers in San Jose. We tore through the local school at quick speeds. When I got my mom to come and watch she informed me that I wasn't using the training wheels Jerry had put on the bike just for me.

Curt, Julie, Claire and Andrew said...

That is so cute! We loved watching the video's of her! She really did pick it up quickly! Tom did a great job catching her.

Dallas Jessica Aspen Irelynn and Hudsyn said...

That's awesome!!! Bree is a natural!!! What a proud moment for a parent.

Celeste said...

That is so awesome! She is doing so great... and only 4 years old! It's been fun seeing Bree ride around these last few days. How awesome that you got this all on video!

Frame by Frame said...

Good job Bree!!! Bring your bike to the next family party so I can get more pictures!!

The Frame Family said...

Yay for Bree!! I can actually remember when I learned how to ride my bike without training wheels! I bet she is just so proud of herself!

Annie said...

Way to go Bree! Sometimes I wonder if Elle will ever learn to ride a bike - her legs seem too short for all things with pedals thus far:)

Kelsey said...

hey, about those shoes from Target. They should have them online :) Aren't they the cutest! I was freaking out.

Stacy said...

How exciting is that!! I'm sure she can hardly wait to go outside each day and show off her stuff. High five:)