Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cecret Lake

Koby and Emily took us on a hike a week ago up above Alta and let's just say I was not prepared physically due to my lack of working out for the last 13 or so weeks. The girls did awesome and mom finally made it to the top phew just in time for it to be too dark to see the lake so I wanted to go back up and at least keep up with the girls. So we packed up and took fishing poles and the girls made the hike all alone and so did I yeahhhh!! seriously sad:) The girls had so much fun and loved every second of the hike. Bree and Sophie did amazing at fishing and they both tried really hard to catch the salamanders that were everywhere. We had a little critter friend that seriously tried to jump in Bree's backpack full of treats. It was hilarious to watch the little squirrel going crazy, he would not leave us alone and the girls loved it. We thought we would be eaten alive by the bugs but Tom and Bree are the only ones who were eaten by mosquitoes. We had such a great night and the girls loved seeing the Deer up close, salamanders, and squirrels.... but the best part is how worn out they are at the end.















5 comments:

Kelsey said...

You are a trooper! When are you due again?
And who's kids looks that cute to go hiking?! :)

Dallas Jessica Aspen Irelynn and Hudsyn said...

Oh I love to go hiking! Looks like you guys had a blast!

Jenny Hart Turk said...

Don't you love nature! It is so entertaining especially for the kids. Looks like fun!

Stacey and Mel said...

Ohhhh....you are good! I so can't so this to Anna. She wants to go fishing sooo bad. In fact, today at Target she brought me a fishing pole and accompanying goodies to buy for her. Looks fun, but I don't have the first idea of how to fish. . .

Celeste said...

That was quite the hike! I'm glad I had you there to hang back with :)! How great that you guys got back up there in the day light... it's beautiful! Hope the girls had fun fishing!