Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Do Kids Really Do This?



Ok So you are all wondering why I would put a picture of this on my blog. First I have to document this story otherwise it will get forgotten and I will be mad that I can't show Sophie what she put us through. Second, this is what my 18 month old Sophie thinks is fun to put up her nose. She decided that the bag my mom gave her needed to be ripped to pieces and pushed as far as it would go up her little nose. Of course she sneezed, Right, and most of the paper came out. We put our little weird child to bed and she cried a couple of times through the night but always went back to sleep so we thought nothing of it. The next day she was draining nasty stuff out of one nostril so I pulled out the handy dandy snot sucking thing and tried to get this huge booger out of her nose (sorry if that is gross). It would not come so I gave up because if any of you have ever tried to suck a nose out, you have to pin down your child with both legs and torture them until they are blue in the face. It is not fun! Anyways, the nasty drainage continued, so I was fed up with this weird thing in her nose and I pulled out my tweezers and pinned her down again and to my surprise it was a green covered pice of paper. Weird right. Well I had Bree as a first child and everyone knows that she is one of those angelic type that did nothing abnormal. So I am starting to think that Sophie might have mental issues!! The story continues when Sophie is still draining out the one nostril a couple of days later and we were leaving the next day to Mead so I called the doctor and they had me come right in. I took the Sophie Bear in and the doctor was laughing and he pulled out all these long sharp tools (they probablly arent sharp but they looked evil) and I stopped him and asked if he would look before he used any of those scary tools. He obliged, and thank heavens her little nose was clear but the wad of paper previously in her nose had irritated it but she would be fine. So then I have to ask is this normal? Oh yes we get a couple of kids a week that put things in their nose's and ears. WHAT!! At least Sophie can be grouped with them in the weird individuals that think it is fun to stick things in their noses and ears!! I think that Sophie will be taking Tom and I on a fun ride and she will continue to shock us with funny things her entire life and I cannot wait. I just really hope that it will never be anything that we can't fix i.e. tattoo of high school boyfriend or something!!

9 comments:

Annie said...

Ha Ha!!! We are right there with you...except Elle prefers Mac n' cheese:)

Stacey and Mel said...

My niece stuck cheese up her nose, and my sister was looking for the sour smell for days! It could be worse! Talk soon.

Stacy said...

When I was about 2 I stuck a bean (uncooked) so far up my nose I had to go to the ER. Why?!?

Dallas Jessica Aspen Irelynn and Hudsyn said...

I stuck a bead up my nose when I was little and had to go to the dr. to get it out... I guess I'm in that group with Sophie too.

BAWC said...

we see kids in the ER all the time with things stuck in their orifices. it is kind of funny really. how about a pistacio up the nose? nice! ps you are tagged on my blog.

Kelsey said...

oh no!!! I'm glad she is ok. I'm not looking forward to seeing what Hallie shoves up her nose :)

Anonymous said...

Amanda that was tooo funny! My kids never put anything in their noses. They just shot each other with bows and arrows, BB guns, wrist rockets!! We were at the doctors office alot. Not to mention calling poison controll on a regular basis. Ya gotta love it. I'm not sure how to do the tag thing but I will give it a try.

Celeste said...

I still can't believe she shoved that piece of paper that far up her nose! I love Sophie... she's always keeping us on the edge and making us laugh.

The Ol' Man said...

How else do you know what and what won't fit in your nose if you don't try a few things!?!??