Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas 2009

We had a wonderful Christmas this year, Santa came to our house and that was awesome according to Bree and Sophie. had some great parties where the girls were able to enjoy a small taste of what was to come on Christmas day. I am sad to say that I forgot my camera for one of my favorite parties this year and I am really crossing my fingers that someone in my sweet family will share video or photos from our Giolas family party. My brother and sister in law had a wonderful dinner and then just like one of our favorite movies we had a "Dan in Real Life" talent show. It was a night full of laughs and the kids loved every second of it. Tom was really into our talent and we did a magic show complete with hats and capes and magical props that the girls loved more than anything. At the end all the cousins did a cute magic show that they had put together during dinner, and it ended with silly Bree held up in a pyramid by Olivia and Meg. Very fun.


Christmas Eve is always great at aunt Chris's because Santa drops in before he has to deliver presents. Bree and Sophie were so excited to see him and make sure that he knew that they wanted a Kitchen and paint brush for Christmas. Sophie was completely in love with Santa. Sophie stared in complete amazement the entire time, and waited patiently to open her present that he had brought her. That night we put cookies and reindeer food out and the girls opened their pj's from Tom and I. Even more exciting was that Nana stayed the night in the girls room, and was such a great help with all the Santa gifts that still had not made it out. I woke up at 7:30 and ran downstairs to put cinnamon rolls in the oven and when I came upstairs I heard giggles and excitment coming out of the girls room. I opened the door and Sophie tackled me with "Santa Came" repeated by squeals of delight. We hurried and got ready while the girls tryed to wake daddy up. All you have to do is tickle his feet and he wont last long. The girls were so funny and quiet when they saw what Santa brought but soon it turned into a "Oh my gosh" after "oh my gosh" moment. My favorite thing that Bree continues to say is that she only put Kitchen on her letter but Santa brought her so many little things "how did he know I wanted a necklace, lipstick, bracelet and earrings mom?" That was so cute! Our lovely day continued with Grandpa's house and my sisters house where we enjoyed family and of course all the yummy food. I love christmas especially watching my girls love every second of the Magic, and teaching them that its not about Santa but the Celebration of the birth of Christ. I think Bree is starting to understand because she kept saying "Christmas is about giving and baby Jesus". Bree was so generous to her mom and dad. She had made and wrapped ten presents for us and they are all wonderful drawings and Christmas ornaments that I will cherish every year on my tree.


I know this is long but here are loads of pictures from all our fun!

div>



div>


















6 comments:

Kelsey said...

Your girls are super cute! Ok, I just got the whole Bronson thing....I'm slow!
What an adorable name. Can't wait to see him. I can't believe you are almost done. That is crazy!!!!

The McBrides said...

Oh!!! you guys really are like the picture perfect movie type family! Your girls are so adorable, I love what bree said about Christmas, it doesn't get cuter than that! Glad you guys had a good one! Good luck tomorrow!

crookstons said...

I just love how watching your own kids on Christmas morning makes me feel! It is so magical! I can not believe how tall Bree is getting! Sophie has grown up so much since the last time I saw her too! I was disapointed that I didn't see any pictures of you!

Celeste said...

What a great Christmas you guys had! I love e girls in their jammies and there kitchen is so darn cute. I love how Bree was so happy that Santa just knew she wanted those other things... so cute!

Michael and Jillian said...

your girls are too cute. and our giolas party was definitely awesome! i know my mom has some video she will share with you! loved the magic tricks, and you guys!

Lisa said...

Ok I really want to share the video from the Giolas in Real Life party but I can't figure out how to do this - I am definitely tech challenged. I've watched it twice trying to figure it out and I still laugh - Bree's look when Mike took off his glove is priceless.