Saturday, January 30, 2010

Bronson Thomas Schriever

Bronson Thomas Schriever

January 21st 2010

7lbs 10oz 19.5inches

Sorry it has taken me so long to blog about our new addition, it is hard to find time to blog when I just want to sit and love my new baby boy! Our story begins with a normal Thursday morning of walking into a hospital and telling them that I am here to have a baby. No pain, so it felt really weird to be there. They broke my water and contractions started, but they were not doing what they wanted them to do so we started Pitocin which Tom and I gladly accepted because we were really bored looking at eachother and watching Glee in between visitors and phone calls. Pitocin was ok and then they turned it up so I asked for an epidural. The epidural was not really working since I felt like I was going to die. The lovely man who makes the pain disappear came back and gave me some more good stuff and then 10 minutes later we had a baby. Bronson came out with the cord wrapped around him in all sorts of weird ways and he was eating blood. Awesome!! He was fine they just had to suck out the blood from his stomach. Everything happened really fast so Tom and I were really surprised that our families were there to meet him. Visitors were kicked out because I was not doing really well (even though I felt great). Couple of hours later I was able to hold and see every inch of my baby boy. I would have to say I really give kudos to all of you that get started because I think it was too long in a hospital.

They finally allowed us to move into a recovery room at 12:30 in the morning and I felt great the next day, and Bronson was helathy and good so we said goodbye to the wonderful hospital and went home. I slept so great in my own bed!! Bronson is really chill and at this point he still eats, sleeps, and poops all day and night. He is really calm compared to the girls but Tom and I are waiting for the screaming and sleepless nights to come. I am really enjoying this little guy because he is just so sweet. The hardest part of the entire event is that my girls have been so sick. We have had a nasty virus at our house, plus Sophie had lovely Pink eye so we have been washing everything for days. Poor Bree and Sophie have held Bronson once in a week. Bree just went to the doctor and she has some form of pneumonia which is scary and stressful with a new baby around. What can you do but take the punches as they come and move on. I really am so lucky that I feel almost 100% after this delivery because otherwise it would be hell at our house. We have had so many awesome friends and family bringing dinners and helping with the girls so everything has seemed pretty great. Here are a billion pictures of Bronson Enjoy!!


Tom bought Bronson his first football and got his name branded on it.

Poor Bree cant hold her little brother


Aunt Lorri and Bronson

Uncle Kevin and Koby scared to hold Bronson

Jess and Bronson

Aunt Celeste and Bronson

Uncle Drew and Bronson

April and Bronson

Bronson heading home (So Small)



Nana and Bronson. Thanks Nana for taking care of the girls!

Papa and Bronson

Grandpa and Bronson



Uncle Brett and Bronson

Our awesome midwife Julie Jones!


At one week the girls are still alive (maybe a little crazy)

Mom and Bronson


20 comments:

crookstons said...

Congratulations guys! He is so cute!! Amanda how do you manage to look so good after having a baby? I always look like hell! I am so sorry to hear that the girls have been sick! No fun for any of you!! I can't wait to come and see him!!

Megan said...

Thanks for the update! He's a cute little guy... and his birth sounds a lot like Katie's. When I came home from the hospital, my kids were always sick, too.

I saw Tom's business info on the side as I was reading and put in a Facebook plug as well as PM'd a friend in UT who is in need of property management. She's up there right now trying to evict her current tenant.

BAWC said...

I love him and I have only met him one time. What a bummer on the girls, go figure huh. I hope they get feeling better and you continue to do well. love lots.

Garbett Family said...

I'm Celeste's sister, don't think I've met Amanda, but I know all about you! :) Bronson is so, so cute! You have a darling family, and I LOVE his name!

Kelsey said...

wahoo! I've been anxiously awaiting this post :)
He is adorable! And why do you look cute after labor?!
I hope you guys are healthy and having the best time.
I LOVE the football!!!

Celeste said...

What a cute little man he is! I'm so glad he made it safely and that after all that you went through you are looking and feeling as great as you are. We are so happy he is here and that our boys can grow up together!

Leslie said...

Wow! Both you and Bronson look great Amanda! Congrats!! The 3rd baby was my favorite transition for sure. Hope the girls get healthy soon!

Dallas Jessica Aspen Irelynn and Hudsyn said...

I've been waiting for this post forever!! I love all the pictures! Sounds like it has been a little crazy over there with all those extra germ bugs around:( PLEASE let me know if there is anything that I can do.(I'll take the girls for a little while!) He is a freaking sud! Congrats!

The McBrides said...

such cute pictures! He really is so stinking sweet! I love that you guys were watching glee in the hospital, that is me and Dustin's favorite show! I am so glad that you and little bronson are ok! Congrats and bringing another adorable baby into the Shriever fam, I can't wait to be able to hold him!

Stacey and Mel said...

Yeah! I've been wondering how things were going, but I didn't want to bother--I know things are CRAZY with a new baby. I'm so sorry the girls have been so sick. Is Bree going to be okay soon? Poor little thing. I've never though Bree and Sophie look very much alike, but in the pic when they are holding the baby, their little faces are very similar! Who knew? Hopefully we'll talk soon. Take care!

My Golden year of 29 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi Ann said...

Such a cute little boy! I am so excited for your family! That is the funniest pic of Kolby and Kevin 'scared' to hold the baby! ha ha ha! Good luck with the new little one!

Elizabeth Checchio said...

AHHHHHH! Congratulations! He looks perfect! I love the name, super cute, kind of wish I could steal it. :-)
I am glad to hear you are doing well, and that he is chill so far. HOpefully that just continues and you have a super mellow baby.
Are you registered anywhere? Lots of love oxox

Nate said...

Congrats amigos! You guys are awesome.

Julianne said...

Congrats to a darling little family. Bronson is so handsome I am glad he already has a football. I am glad to hear that you are still feeling great. Let me know when I can come get the girls for a playdate.

Frame by Frame said...

Congrats Schriever family!! He is so darn cute. Hope the girls are feeling better. What a great birthday gift. We love ya!

Michael and Jillian said...

what a stinking cute little baby! we will have to come see him sometime! let us know if you need anything!

Shauna said...

Congrats! I saw Celeste post your arrival on Facebook, so I thought I'd snoop to your blog. What a cute little thing and I really like the name you chose! Good luck with all the adjustments.

Annie said...

Awww...so adorable! Enjoy your sweet little guy and you'll have to fill me in on the transition to three!

Jenny Hart Turk said...

What a sweet baby! He is so lucky to have such an awesome family! Hope things are still going okay for you guys!