It has been a while since I wrote about what the girls are up to these days. Both of them have changed so much since Summer it makes me sad when I look through the blog and I have not documented all the fun and not so fun things they have been up to.
I had put Bree in dance when she was three and we did it for two years but I could tell that she might be too shy to be on stage and perform. It might come one day for her but one day at my brother and sister in laws house one of their nieces did a couple of back walk overs and Bree thought that was the coolest thing ever. We signed her up in the summer at some random place where she learned nothing. Seriously nothing. It was so frustrating to pay for a teacher to pick her nose and tell the girls to jump in a pit of foam. So we were finally able to get her a meeting with the tumbling place where my brothers niece goes and because she was in afternoon kindergarten they did not have a place for her other than this prep class. Tom is really into the tumbling thing and so we did it. Two months later Bree has done some amazing things, and she loves it! That is all that matters to Tom and I and so I think that Bree has found her thing, and I really like it because I know nothing about tumbling so there is no pressure on Bree because we are both clueless. Don't get me wrong Tom has an amazing round-off that would impress anyone especially Bree.
>
We started reading in the Summer to get Bree ready for Kindergarten and she has really enjoyed learning, even though mom gets frustrated sometimes because I swear it is really hard to teach a child why there are words you can't sound out you have to just know when you see them. But she has really progressed and I pray that she loves to read as much as I do. I knew that she was really starting to get a hang of it when we were on the freeway and she started asking me if I was going East or West. And then she tells me we need to go East if we are going home. That blew me away. Now she is really into Dr. Seuss books and easy chapter books. Bree loves school and her teacher is awesome which I am really grateful for. I think Bree's favorite thing about school right now is riding the school bus home. Not my favorite thing but definitely hers! Bree is really into art and always has been. So the other morning she was looking off into space and I asked her what was wrong and she told me she was just thinking. I asked about what. She says to me "Well I just can't decide if I should be a mom or go to college to be an artist". In my mind I thought are we really talking about college (We have before but she wanted to be a princess). So I explained that she could do both and wow the relief came over her face and she was happy again.
Last Sunday was neat because she asked me if we could read the Book of Mormon together. So my baby read her first verse all alone and now we are going to read a verse a day. Bree is such a sweet girl and I am so lucky to have her as my little girl. She really is my best friend and I love her.
Sophie or Boo as she would tell me is a little firecracker that goes off every morning and sometimes I can handle all the explosion and sometimes I can't. Her sass could match any ones and I love it but when she does it to me it is so not cute. Tom and I give her a hard time because she is so different than Bree but I would not change Sophie if I had a chance. She teaches me so much about the things I need to work on with myself. Sophie is really into being a princess and if she does not have a dress up on she thinks that she is not one. The drama that unfolds is usually not pleasant but we are slowly working on it. She goes to school and loves to go and she always tells me about all the boys she plays with and how they are always mad at her. She tells me her best friend at school is Ann, but her best friend at home is Ty. When Ty comes into a room she usually freaks out and hugs him and then she will say things like "I just love you Ty", or "You are my best friend". Then they are off fighting and killing each other but it is really sweet at the beginning. Sophie loves Fancy Nancy and she catches all those great words like fragile. So she will always say "mom will you hold this it is fragile". Sophie thinks that every girl is having a baby which really sucks when they are not. I have tried to tell her that everyone is not having a baby but she still thinks that she and every female on the planet has a baby in their tummy.
Bree has to practice gymnastics every night so Sophie usually joins in which means Sophie has an amazing cartwheel (somersault) but she points her toe and flips right over, even without her hands sometimes. We have to spot her back walkovers and sometimes mommy drops her on her head oops. She gets up after and wants to do more. So I imagine that both of our girls are going to be into this tumbling thing once Sophie is old enough to start. Sophie loves puzzles and can do them all by herself, and then she will pull one of Bree's 100 piece ones out and try for an hour to do it alone and actually manages to do pretty well but then she will ask us to help. Sophie had to have her special reading time just like Bree (second child syndrome I think) so we read books like crazy which I hear is a good thing!!! Sohie has my hair which is really fine so her hair was making me crazy especially having to do it at least twice a day so i chopped it off and I could not be happier with the results. She loves it and I love not doing it!
Bronson is not really doing what we or my midwife expected him to do. Which means he still has not come even after all the midwife can do without really breaking my water. So we are just sorta patiently waiting for him to make his debut. I have never been 39 weeks pregnant and its not too bad. I actually am really comfortable unless he decides to give me these fake contractions at night, which make me think that he is coming. With the girls I had a contraction and I knew we were done and going to have a baby that day. Bronson I had contractions on the 1st for hours and then nothing. He is a boy so what can you say about that!! Tom and I keep looking at each other and saying holy cow our life is going to change again. I hope that we make it and the girls make it without anyone going to the looney hospital! I am being induced on the 21st which is my dads birthday and I think that I might really make it 5 more days without him coming. We will see!

9 comments:
We hope you have a smooth delivery and speedy recovery! Can't wait to see him!
He will come out soon :) Your girls are darling!!
I wanna see Tom's back walkover. DYING
Love the updates on the girls:) and good luck next week!!!
Love the updates! Bree has an impressive walk over! Aspen really wants to do dance and tumbling...but I don't know if we are really ready to put all that $$$ out. LOVE Sophies hair! Can't wait to meet Bronson!
Those girls of yours our growing up right before our very eyes! I love sophies haircut and am so impressed with how great bree is doing with gymnastics! I can't wait for the new baby!
The funny thing is, I think I've seen Tom's round off...and it WAS amazing!!!
Your girls are soooo cute! Maybe I'll have a girl one day ;)
Bree and Sophie are getting so big! That is so exciting that they love tumbling! Looks like she is really doing great! I can't wait to see your new little guy! Boys are soo different than girls! It will be great!
You guys are doing so great! I love Bree's tumbling, that's awesome!
It's so fun watching Bree doing all her tumbling... she is such a natural. And I love that she was thinking about being a mom and going to college... crazy!! Sophie is such a cutie! Ty is so i love with her... in that love hate relationship they have... so funny. Love your girls!
Post a Comment