Saturday, November 6, 2010

Thankful For....

Day 6.

Grams and Papa

Grandma Schriever

Granny Janny!! Arranging the flowers on our Wedding Cake.
I am thankful for my Grandparents and all my ancestors for their sacrifices and journeys that led to Tom and I having the life we have. I did not have pictures of all our grandparents but I had these three luckily.
     My Grams and Papa are amazing and I love that they are still here with us and I have so many amazing memories with them. Grams would stay up all night with us and play game after game and never told us she was too busy to play or listen. Papa would tell us stories and has the most amazing sense of humor and Wit that you love every minute of your time listening to him. I know that I want to be just like them when I have grandchildren. I cry every time I really start to think about how much they mean to me, I am beyond grateful for them and my memories that I cherish with them.
    Grandma Janice or Tom calls her Granny Janny is my moms mom and she is the master of cooking and gardening and anything creative. She always has us over for our Birthdays and I always request my favorite breakfast foods that she is the master at making. Everything that she creates is yummy and delicious! I am thankful for her because her and my mom get to hang out together because they live next to each other, so I feel that my mom always has someone there if she needs something. Grandma loves to play card games, and Tom and I love to play games so we have so much fun when we play cards at Grandmas house. My moms dad died when she was younger so I never had the chance to meet him but I am sure he was as amazing as my mom says he was.
     Toms Grandpa and Grandma Schriever were so loving and giving. I remember Grandpa Schriever was my favorite because he could just melt my heart with his sweet words and big huge eyes. Grandma Schriever I remember the last Christmas before she died I had her for our family $1 gifts and I picked out a sewing kit and I think she almost cried she was so happy. Tom's Grandma Frame I don't know really well but she always seems really friendly when I do see her at family parties. Then Grandpa Frame or Gordie he was so great and always filled a room with joy and happiness. Tom could tell me stories for hours about his house his car and all the fun they had together.

3 comments:

Megan said...

LOVE that picture of Grandma Schriever and Tom. I've never seen it before.

Frame by Frame said...

Little Grandma Schriever was the NICEST lady! A good soul.

Celeste said...

How sweet... I love grandparents!