Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thankful For....

Day 10.

 I really can't believe I have blogged for ten straight days. WOW. Pat myself on the back!




       I am grateful for Bree losing a tooth a couple of weeks ago. Why you ask would this be something that I would be grateful for? Let's rewind back to preschool when the nice Dentist came and talked to the kids about losing teeth and how to take care of your teeth etc. Well from that moment on Bree has been obsessed with losing her teeth. She would walk around wiggling her teeth trying to make any of them loose, and praying that she could lose a tooth one day. Kindergarten came and went without Bree joining the club of kids that had lost a tooth that year. Why do the teachers do this to us parents. I beg them to stop. Every Dentist continued to tell me that it was normal, and that some don't lose their teeth until 8 or 9. I don't think we could have gone another year without losing a tooth. Then one glorious morning, actually the day after we moved in, Bree showed me her tooth and it was seriously about to fall out. She worked on it the whole day and then Tom pulled it out for her. There was a little scare because her other tooth was already coming in and it was weird looking. But Uncle Chad reassured us all was normal phew!
Now Enter the days and days of showing everyone the tooth, making ten different boxes to store her tooth, and only losing it once. The Tooth Fairy is a boy, and we know this because she talked to him on the phone (Thanks Koby and Drew), and he left her 55 cents and a Fun Dip under her pillow.
Oh bliss!
I am Thankful

4 comments:

The McBrides said...

what a cute story! good to know that the tooth fairy is in the neighborhood!

Stacey and Mel said...

Amanda, I love the posts--I thought I checked your blog more often. I've missed the last 10 days. Where are the pics of the new house? I think we are all well. Can we come see and bring Bronson one more toy that has been rolling around the back of my car since August? Maybe we could get together Monday or Tuesday before Thanksgiving when the girls don't have school--or even Wed. I don't have school that day. I'll pray we stay well that long!

Stacy said...

I'm dying! Koby and Drew would make DARLING tooth fairies! I'll keep them in mind when my kids lose teeth.
I love your thankful theme. Good job!!!

crookstons said...

Oh Amanda I am really enjoying reading your daily posts! Congrats to Bree for loosing her first tooth!! I never knew Koby and Drew were so handy! I will remember that! But I think that they need outfits!! I am thinking tights and wings!!