Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thankful For....

Day 9.



      I am so so Thankful for the giving of others especially when it comes to hand me downs for my kids. Tom and I have been blessed with some great friends and family that have given us there awesome used toys, clothing, shoes, cribs, and high chairs. I am sorry but I cherish hand me downs, and I know there are those who think "oh good thing it's a hand me down" when there child ruins something that was given second hand to them. That makes me so mad almost furious but I guess that is there business not mine. I know how I feel about some of the clothes I buy my kids, it's not the clothes but the memories that go with the clothes. Sure I might be weird, and I promise there are clothes that I could care less about, but some have the best memories attached to them. Bree was given some purple striped pj's from my sisters daughter Meg, those pj's we will keep forever because Bree wore them until they were falling apart. It's not the pj's but the fact they she had to wear them every night and would come running in our room after putting them on and would be so excited to show us her purple pj's.
         Since Bronson is our last (I promise he is) I was really stressed about what I was going to do with all my clothes, shoes, bumbo, and other baby things that were in almost perfect condition. I gave small things here and there, and most of Bronson's clothes I split in half and gave to some good friends in my previous ward. I still had bags and bags of girls clothes to find someone that would cherish these hand me downs as much as I did when people were so generous to us. I was really  torn between just giving them to just anyone because they are special to me. Right before we were about to move I was at my cousins wedding shower and one of my second cousins Jody was there with her new little girl Keili. Out of nowhere I blurted out the question of would you need some clothes all the way up to 2T by chance. And then she told me her story, and I just new that I had found the right person for my baby clothes. I know they need them, she will cherish them like I did, and she will have more children. That made me so happy to help where it was really needed.
      So to all of you that have given wonderful things to me, know that they have been passed on to someone who is thankful for them too!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for the baby clothes you handed down to me and don't worry they will be handed down to someone else, Whitney if she has a boy. Hope you are enjoying your new home and ward. - Sunshine